if you have a family member, friend, friend of the family, neighbor, etc. who is/was in the military, share their story here. Thank them for the sacrifices they have made or are making for the rest of us here and for a belief in making the world a better, safer place.
My dad was a Captain in the US Army. He had been in the military without a serious activation for over 17 years. Then, when the war in Iraq broke out, he was activated to work at Camp Atterdale in Edinburgh, Indiana. He was activated for an 18 month duty. I don't really remember much of those 18 months however. They really seem to be cloaked in shadow; I can't seem to recall anything. All I really do remember is how much he really hated being away from his family in such a boring, redneck-type place. I remember going down there for Christmas, and it was absolutely fantastic. We had a wonderful time, but in the end, his activation was a curse on our family. I don't know if it was him who had changed, or us, but things were never the same as they were when he got back.
ReplyDeleteMy brother, my cousin , and his friend are all in the military and are all very proud to serve the united states. However they made sacrifices of not just their families, but their friends as well. They witnessed horrific things no one should ever see, but they still stand strong, for they do this for their love for the country. I personally have experienced at times worry for all three even when they weren't activated, because there is always that constant fear of when. They have all went through a tour, and possibly could go back for another round. God bless to all the soldiers that have served this country because you have gave us all safety and hope!
ReplyDeletethanks guys for sharing. Here's hoping to quick conclusions and safe returns for all our soldiers
ReplyDeleteMy brother in-law's dad and his wife are both in the military. Bill is a Full Bird COL. and his wife Fawn is a Lieutenant COL. I haven't talked as much to Fawn as much, but when Bill was over in Germany he had more time to email me. We had emailed almost every day. then he came back to the states for awhile and then went back over seas, where to i'm not exactly sure, it was somewhere where he couldn't email as much. But yea he does surgeries and such. Now he is here in the states, but he might be sent back over and his wife might be deployed as well.
ReplyDelete